By: Jacqueline Miles
Brain washing or mental conditioning as we talked about earlier is indoctrinating to intensively and thoroughly as to effect a radical transformation of beliefs. Another name for mental conditioning is mind control. Often times, these conditioning methods are used through tapping into the emotions. Be it advertisement, use of alternatives with a solution or making you feel in some way guilty or pressured.
Things you should ask yourself in determining if you have/are under the influence is: 1. Am I making this decision on my own or did I do this under pressure? 2. Have I heard this so much that I tend to believe it? 3. Did I feel guilty when I made this decision? 4. Was I treated badly so many times or so much that I feel as if I have no choice but to go in that direction? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you have been affected by brain washing techniques.
The first thing you must realize is that we all are victims in some way of brain washing. TV, radio and mass media in general controls what we eat, think and do.
But only you can make the decision to want to think independently. First thing you must do is get rid of negative thinking. In a world where there is so much negativity, you must find a positive place to begin.
1. To begin, every day at the end of the day, write down three positive things that you did. It doesn’t have to be major. It can be as simple as I made a cup of tea. It tasted good. Do this every day for 3 weeks. Keep the list and see how it grows.
2. Think of being different as being IMPORTANT rather than be inferior. (i.e., not being good enough, not a team player.)
3. Avoid circumstances where you are made to feel guilty, stupid or awkward. This is one of the major ways where your emotions are controlled.
4. NEVER make decisions when you are stressed or pressured. There’s nothing wrong with waiting and relaxing to make a sound decision. (Prayer often helps too.)
5. Don’t be afraid to say ‘No’. If it’s not right for you, don’t do it.
6. Remember standing alone is not bad. It is a sign of leadership.
7. Repeat these simple steps and discover how wonderful it is to be able to think independently.
These are just a few steps to get you going. If you begin to do these things, you will find that you too, can have control of your mind and obtaining your goals will become a reality, not just a dream.